I am a Research Associate at the Spoken Dialogue Systems group of Cambridge University. I have received my Diploma (MSc) in Computer Science from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany) in 2010 and my doctorate in engineering (PhD) at the Dialogue Systems Group at Ulm University (Germany) in 2015. The topic of my dissertation was „User-centred Adaptive Spoken Dialogue Modelling“.
My current research focuses on open domain statistical spoken dialogue systems within the EPSRC project “Open Domain Statistical Spoken Dialogue Systems”. I am especially interested in modelling the reward signal for reinforcement learning settings to take account for effects which may arise due to the added complexity of multiple domains. Here, I believe that the solution is to model the problem in a more user-centred way.
Additionally, I am co-supervising three doctoral students of the Dialogue Systems group at Ulm University and I am a consultant for the research project “KRISTINA” which is funded by the H2020 programme of the European Union.
- Co-Organizer of the Young Researchers‘ Roundtable on Spoken Dialogue Systems 2014, 2015
- Reviewer for the Computer Speech and Language Journal 2014 – 2016
- Reviewer for the Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments 2015 – 2017
- Reviewer for the IEEE Signal Processing Letters 2016
- Reviewer for the Natural Language Engineering Journal 2016
- Reviewer for the Review of Managerial Science Journal 2017
- Reviewer for the Meeting of Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) 2017
- Reviewer for the Interspeech Conference 2017
- Reviewer for the SIGDial Meeting on Discourse and Dialogue 2016
- Reviewer for the Spoken Language Technology Workshop (SLT) 2014, 2016
- Reviewer for the International Workshop on Spoken Dialogue Systems (IWSDS) 2017
- Reviewer for the International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems 2014
- Reviewer for RE-WOCHAT and WOCHAT 2016
- Reviewer for International Conference on Computational Linguistics (CoLing) 2016
- Mentor in the Mentoring Program of the SIGDial Meeting on Discourse and Dialogue 2016